Oral Cancer Awareness Month
Here are a few symptoms and signs of oral cancer. It is encouraged to check between dental visits, and to see a dental professional if they do not improve or disappear after two-three weeks.
- Any sore or ulceration that does not heal within 14 days.
- A red, white, or black discoloration of the soft tissues of the mouth.
- Any abnormality that bleeds easily when touched.
- A lump or hard spot in the tissue, usually border of the tongue.
- A lump or thickening that develops in the mouth